China Life Personal Accident Cashback Plan
China Life Personal Accident Cashback Plan is a 5-year renewable1 plan that gives you financial protection against Accidental Death, Accidental Disability and it pays out Daily Hospital Cash benefit if you have to be hospitalised due to an injury caused by an accident during the policy term. With this plan, you will also receive cashback2 on your premiums at the end of every 5 years.
|Details||Plan 1||Plan 2|
|Accidental Death Benefit||S$100,000||S$150,000|
|Accidental Disability Benefit||S$100,000||S$150,000|
|Daily Hospital Cash5||S$100||S$150|
*Premium is non-guaranteed and may be adjusted from time to time based on future experience.
To be eligible for this plan, the life insured must be between the age of 21 and 59 last birthday and is:
- a citizen or permanent resident of Singapore; or
- a Singapore resident with a valid residential address in Singapore and must furnish a copy of a valid:
- Work Permit / Employment Pass; or
- Dependant Pass; or
- Long-Term Visit Pass ; or
- Student Pass,
with a validity period of at least 1 year from the date of proposal.
1. The plan will be renewed automatically from the renewal date for the same policy term without further evidence of insurability, if the following conditions are met:
- this policy is in force before it is renewed on the renewal date;
- the life insured is age 59 or younger on the renewal date of the policy; and
- we did not give 30 days’ written notice that the Policy will not be renewed.
Premiums payable for the renewed policy will be based on the prevailing premium rates at the time of renewal.
2. The policy owner will receive the cashback at the end of every 5-year policy term as long as all premiums due have been paid in full, and no claims have been paid under the Accidental Death Benefit or Accidental Disability Benefit (whereupon the policy shall be terminated immediately). Upon the expiry of every five-year period, we will pay 50% of 5 yearly premiums. If the policy is terminated before the end of the five-year period, a percentage of the total yearly premiums due to-date less future installment premiums which are required to make up the full policy year’s premiums (if any), may be payable as follows:
|End of Policy Year||% of Total Yearly Premiums Due-To-Date|
3. In the event the life insured sustains accidental injury while the policy is in force and which results in the life insured’s death within 180 days from the date of the accident, we will pay the Accidental Death Benefit less amounts owing to us (if any). The policy terminates thereafter.
4. In the event the life insured sustains accidental injury while the policy is in force and which results in a major permanent disablement within 180 days from the date of the accident, we will pay the Accidental Disability Benefit. The policy terminates thereafter.
Major permanent disablement means any one of the following conditions:
- Permanent Total Disablement
- Loss of Both Arms or Both Legs or One Arm and One Leg
- Loss of Sight in Both Eyes
- Loss of One Arm or One Leg
- Loss of Sight in One Eye and of One Arm or One Leg
- Loss of Sight in One Eye
5. Daily Hospital Cash Benefit shall be paid for each completed day (twenty-four (24) hours) of confinement from the first day of confinement and for a period not exceeding 180 days per policy year and not exceeding 180 days for any one accident for all such confinements arising from an accidental injury resulting from any one accident or series of accidents, and provided that:
- Confinement must occur within 30 days from the date of the accident;
- Confinement must be considered medically necessary by a doctor; and
- Successive periods of confinement due to the same or a related cause shall be considered as one accidental injury unless such confinements are separated by more than twelve (12) consecutive months during which the life insured is not at any time confined to a hospital.
The benefits will only be payable upon the occurrence of an accident. You should seek advice from a financial adviser representative before making a commitment to purchase the plan.
Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. Premiums are not guaranteed and may be adjusted based on future claims experience.
This marketing material is for reference only and does not consider your specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs. It is not a contract of insurance and is not intended as an offer or recommendation to purchase the plan. The specific details applicable to this insurance plan are set out in the policy contract. In case of discrepancy between the English and Mandarin versions, the English version shall prevail.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Information is correct as at 15 Dec 2021.