China Life MediCash Guardian
We understand that hospitalisation can cause loss of income and strain your finances. You can complement your existing hospitalisation plans with China Life MediCash Guardian and receive a guaranteed income while you are hospitalised. This is a yearly renewable plan that provides a cash payout for each day of confinement in a hospital due to an illness or an accident which means that you can use this income to pay for alternative treatments or for your other needs, giving you peace of mind to focus on your recovery.
Summary of Benefits
|Details||Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3|
|Daily Hospital Cash Benefit (due to Illness)1||S$50 per day||S$100 per day||S$200 per day|
|Daily Hospital Cash Benefit (due to Accident)2||S$100 per day||S$200 per day||S$400 per day|
|Additional Daily Hospital Cash Benefit
(Confinement in the Intensive Care Unit)3
|S$150 per day||S$300 per day||S$600 per day|
|Recuperation Benefit for Non-Surgical Hospitalisation4||S$50 per hospitalisation||S$100 per hospitalisation||S$150 per hospitalisation|
|Recuperation Benefit for Post Surgery, including day surgery5
||S$200 per surgery
S$2,000 per surgery
|S$300 per surgery
S$3,000 per surgery
|S$400 per surgery
S$4,000 per surgery
|** “TOSP” refers to the prevailing Table of Surgical Procedures as published by the Ministry of Health, Singapore
We reserve the discretion to determine the amount of Recuperation Benefit payable for surgical procedures not classified under the TOSP.
|Age Last Birthday||Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3|
|*** For renewal only for ages above 75
Premiums above are for standard life and exclude prevailing GST.
1. Up to S$200 per day and will be payable for each day that the life insured undergoes hospitalisation due to an illness, up to a maximum period of 500 days (or 30 days for non-emergency hospitalisation outside Singapore) for each illness.
2. Up to S$400 per day and will be payable for each day that the life insured undergoes hospitalisation due to a bodily injury sustained as a result of an accident, up to a maximum period of 500 days (or 30 days for non-emergency hospitalisation outside Singapore) for each accident giving rise to the bodily injury.
3. Additional Daily Hospital Cash Benefit will be payable for each day that the life insured undergoes hospitalisation in an intensive care ward of a hospital due to an illness or injury, up to a maximum period of 30 days for each illness or accident giving rise to the injury.
4. Recuperation Benefit for Non-Surgical Hospitalisation will be payable in one lump sum for each hospitalisation (without any surgery performed during the hospitalisation) undergone by the life insured due to illness or injury.
5. Recuperation benefit for Post Surgery will be payable in one lump sum for each surgery undergone by the life insured due to illness or injury. The amount payable under this benefit will depend on the classification of the surgery in the TOSP table
6. Renewal of the policy is not guaranteed. The policy may be renewed upon payment of the required premium on or before the renewal date of the policy, unless that insurance of the life insured had ended due to:
- Death of the life insured;
- We receive the policy owner’s request for cancellation in writing;
- Automatically on the policy anniversary following the life insured’s 85th birthday; and
- We gave 30 days written notice that the policy will not be renewed.
You should seek advice from a financial adviser representative before making a commitment to purchase the plan.
Buying health insurance products that are not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. Premiums are not guaranteed and may be adjusted based on future claims experience.
This marketing material is for reference only and does not consider your specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs. It is not a contract of insurance and is not intended as an offer or recommendation to purchase the plan. The specific details applicable to this insurance plan are set out in the policy contract. In case of discrepancy between the English and Mandarin versions, the English version shall prevail.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Information is correct as at 15 Dec 2021.