Announcement: With effect from 25 June 2020 (Thursday), our Customer Care Centre will be opened to service you by appointment only. Please email or call us to make an appointment 2 working days in advance to help limit the number of visitors at our Customer Care Centre. We appreciate your understanding during this period. Stay safe.
Announcement: We remain committed to our customers during this challenging time by ensuring their long-term protection needs will not be affected by extending the grace period from 30 days to 180 days for premium payments due between 1 October 2020 and 31 March 2021* under their policy contracts to manage their cashflow needs during this period. To find out more about these options, please call us at 67274800 or email us at CustomerCare@chinalife.com.sg. *Terms and conditions apply.
With China Life Enhanced Payer Benefit Rider, the future premium payments due on your basic plan and its riders (if applicable) will be waived for the remaining rider term in the event of death, total and permanent disability (TPD) or you being diagnosed with any of the 36 critical illnesses (CIs). This rider protects the policy owner of a third party policy against death, TPD and CIs in two ways:
- waives future premium payments; and
- protects all benefits of the basic plan and its riders (if applicable).
|Death Benefit||Waives all future premiums due under the basic plan and its riders (if applicable) for the remaining rider term upon the policy owner's death.|
|Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Benefit||Waives all future premiums due under the basic plan and its riders (where applicable) for the remaining rider term1 if TPD is diagnosed before the policy owner's 76th birthday.|
|Critical Illness (CI) Benefit||Waives all future premiums due under the basic plan and its riders (if applicable) for the remaining term of this rider2 if CI is diagnosed before the policy owner's 76th birthday.|
|Premium Payment Type||Regular Premium|
|Rider Term||Follows premium term of rider, or up to age 99 of the policy owner, whichever is earlier3.|
|Entry Age||Follows minimum and maximum age of basic plan for policy owner.|
|Simplified Underwriting||No health check is required but the policy owner will need to answer a few health questions.|
There are certain conditions under which no benefit under this rider will be payable. Please refer to your policy contract for full details of the exclusions.
The 36 Critical Illnesses include the following:
1. Major Cancer
2. Heart Attack of Specified Severity
3. Stroke with Permanent Neurological Deficit
4. Coronary Artery By-pass Surgery
5. End Stage Kidney Failure
6. Irreversible Aplastic Anaemia
7. End Stage Lung Disease
8. End Stage Liver Failure
10. Deafness (Irreversible Loss of Hearing)
11. Open Chest Heart Valve Surgery
12. Irreversible Loss of Speech
13. Major Burns
14. Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplantation
15. Multiple Sclerosis
16. Muscular Dystrophy
17. Idiopathic Parkinson’s Disease
18. Open Chest Surgery to Aorta
19. Alzheimer’s Disease / Severe Dementia
20. Fulminant Hepatitis
21. Motor Neurone Disease
22. Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
23. HIV Due to Blood Transfusion and Occupationally Acquired HIV
24. Benign Brain Tumour
25. Severe Encephalitis
26. Severe Bacterial Meningitis
27. Blindness (Irreversible Loss of Sight)
28. Major Head Trauma
29. Paralysis (Irreversible Loss of Use of Limbs)
30. Terminal Illness
31. Progressive Scleroderma
32. Persistent Vegetative State (Apallic Syndrome)
33. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus with Lupus Nephritis
34. Other Serious Coronary Artery Disease
36. Loss of Independent Existence
The Life Insurance Association Singapore (LIA) has standard definitions for 37 severe-stage Critical Illnesses (Version 2019). These Critical Illnesses fall under Version 2019. You may refer to www.lia.org.sg for the standard definitions (Version 2019).
1. The Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) benefit payable is subject to the TPD per life limit of SGD3,000,000 as aggregated with other policies and riders issued by us on the same policy owner.
2. The Critical Illness (CI) benefit payable is subject to the CI per life limit of SGD2,000,000 as aggregated with other policies and riders issued by us on the same policy owner.
3. The rider only provides death coverage from the policy owner’s 76th birthday.
Buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment. An early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value payable (if any) may be less than the total premiums paid. This advertisement is for general circulation only and does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific person. You should seek advice from a financial adviser regarding the suitability of the policy before making a commitment to purchase. In the event that you choose not to do so, you should consider whether the product in question is suitable for you. This advertisement is not a contract of insurance. Please refer to the policy contract for the exact terms and conditions, specific details and exclusions. This rider is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your rider is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the Life Insurance Association, Singapore or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg) or (www.sdic.org.sg). This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Information is correct as at March 2020.