Personal Data Protection Notice
At China Life Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. ("we","us" or "our"), putting our customers first is core to our service culture. It is important to us that our customers have confidence in our handling of their personal data that has been entrusted to us.
We recognise our obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA"). Personal data will only be collected for lawful and relevant purposes. Reasonable steps are also in place to ensure that personal data held by us is accurate. We will also take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of these personal data, including preventing unauthorised access and use of these information.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, enrolling or signing up for any products or services offered by us, you agree and consent to the China Life group of companies (including its related corporations) as well as to the respective representatives and/or agents, collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst ourselves your personal data, and disclosing such personal data to their authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Personal Data Protection Notice ("Notice").
The provision of personal data is voluntary. However, should you choose not to provide us with the required personal information, or you have submitted to us incomplete, inaccurate or wrong information, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant products or services that may be accorded normally; including the processing of certain transactions or instructions if you are an existing customer.
The subsequent sections in this Notice explain how we may use collect, use and disclose our customers' personal data.
2. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Your personal data may be collected in the following ways:
- Your submission of form(s) for application for our provision of our products or services;
- Your interactions and transactions with us, when you use or receive our services;
- Via websites, smart phone applications, marketing events;
- Interaction with our officers, agents, representatives, e.g. via telephone calls which may be recorded, letters, meetings, emails and other types of communication;
- Opening online accounts with us;
- Your request for us to include you in our mailing or emailing list(s);
- A policy owner takes up an insurance policy that involves you, e.g. policy is taken for your benefit, you are appointed as the life insured;
- Your response to our marketing initiatives, or that of our agents or representatives;
- Referrals from our related corporations, business partners, contracting companies, third parties, etc.;
- Video captures or photography when you are within our office premises or closed events organised by us;
- Receipt of your information from your insurers, insurance associations, hospitals, clinics, government boards; and
- Otherwise your submission of your personal data to us for any other reasons.
Not limiting the generality of the personal data we may collect from you, in processing your insurance application and/or transaction request, the following information may be collected from you
Type of information
Identification and Contact Information
Name, NRIC No., Passport No., FIN No., Address, Contact Number, Email Address, Age, Date of Birth, Gender, Information on Family Member/s, Marital Status and Employment Information.
Income, Assets, Liabilities, Properties, Credit Card Information, Bank Information, CPF Account Information.
Medical and Health Information
Health Status, Injury or Disability Information, Medical Procedures Performed, Medical History, Personal Habits (smoking and alcohol consumption).
Other information relevant to the provision of financial advisory service and issuance or servicing of the insurance policy
Other or previous insurance or investment experience, Claims Experience, Tax Residency Status, and Lifestyle (hazardous sports).
If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party for any purpose, you should obtain the consent of such third party for our collection, use and disclosure for such purpose. Unless you have indicated to us that such consent has not been obtained, we shall deem that such consent has been given based on your submission of the personal data.
3. COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be collected, used and disclosed for the following purpose/s, which are applicable even if your account or policy with us has been terminated:
- Assisting our representatives and/or authorised third party distributors to assess your investment objectives, financial situation, and particular needs for the purpose of contacting you and recommending suitable insurance product to meet your needs;
- Identifying you and related parties for the performance of Customer Due Diligence required by regulations;
- Performing administrative and support functions provided by us relating to the products and services provided or to be provided to you;
- Processing, handling, responding to and evaluating your insurance applications or transactions (including obtaining and making payments) relating to products and services offered by us, or such applications or transactions procured by a policy owner relating to products and services that involve you, and arranging contracts relating to such products and services;
- Providing services to you including requests for policy changes (e.g. additions of benefits, alterations, variations, cancellation, renewal or reinstatement), contacting you from time to time to receive your instructions, seek your confirmation and/or to provide you with information, updates, upgrades or recommendations;
- Supporting the business and administrative purposes of our companies, relating to maintaining, managing, operating the products and services offered to you;
- Designing new or enhancing existing products or services;
- Conducting surveys, market or actuarial research for statistical or similar purposes undertaken by us, the financial services industry or the regulators, analyzing and compiling aggregate personal data for statistical, profiling, product research, product development, understanding market needs, trends and demands, improving the quality of our products and services;
- Offering, providing and marketing to you our products and services, or our co-branding partners, and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such products or services;
- Matching any data held which relates to you from time to time for any of the purposes listed herein;
- Facilitating any purposes in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you in respect of any products and services provided by us, including investigation of claims;
- Performing compliance monitoring and audits;
- Investigating and resolving complaints, claims and disputes (including mediation, arbitration or adjudication at relevant dispute resolution channel) and enforcing our contractual and legal rights;
- Collecting premiums and collecting debts;
- Meeting requirements imposed by applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or assisting with law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Singapore or elsewhere;
- Carrying out other services in connection with the operation of our business;
- Communicating with you about policies you may have with us;
- Running marketing initiatives, e.g. promotions, loyalty programs, reward programs, lucky draw, contests or competitions;
- Facilitating business asset transaction, including merger, acquisition or asset sale involving the China Life group of companies;
- Reinsuring risks with other insurers;
- Underwriting policy risks and facilitating underwriting;
- Processing your application including pre-employment checks, or obtaining references for such purposes (if you are submitting a job application to us, whether through an agent or directly); or
- Performing other purposes directly relating to any of the above, or otherwise notified to you in our engagement or interactions.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be kept confidential. However, subject to the provisions of relevant law and regulations, your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to the following:
- Our related corporations;
- Any person (including private investigators and claims investigation companies) in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you in respect of any products or services provided by us;
- Any agent, contractor or third party who helps deliver or provides services in connection with the product or services provided by us, including any reinsurance company, insurance intermediary, fund management company, financial institution, medical service provider, or any other service provider engaged by us;
- Any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, technology, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, call center services, marketing services, medical services, legal, auditing or other services to us in connection with our business operations;
- Vendors or other products or service providers in connection with the products and services offered and provided by us;
- Any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of our rights or business;
- Any government department or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authority to whom we are requested or required by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines to make disclosures;
- Your family members or relatives, executors or administrators and their legal representatives in connection with your will or estate;
- For payments, your bank, credit card companies and their service providers;
- Relevant financial services industry association or associations of insurance companies; or
- Any credit reference agencies or, in the event of default, any debt collection agencies.
Any transfer of personal data in the above that involves transfer outside the jurisdiction of Singapore will be in accordance with the requirements under the PDPA.
5. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You can write to us should you choose to withdraw consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data for any of the purposes stated above.
You may wish to note that withdrawal of certain essential consent may affect our ability to provide or continue to provide you with financial products and services. It can impact the processing of some of your transactions or requests. Should such circumstances arise, we will notify you in writing.
6. PROTECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will use security measures to protect your personal data in our possession or under our control to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
We will delete or anonymise your personal data as soon as such data is no longer required for any business or legal purposes.
7. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to know your personal data that is in our possession or control, and the ways in which your personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us within a year before your request, or request for correction of any error or omission in your personal data with us, unless such access or correction is not in accordance to any applicable law, rule, regulation, code of practice or guideline.
We will also be happy to share with you our policies and practices in relation to personal data.
Requests for access and correction, or for information regarding our policies and practices can be made to the contact person stated below. Please take note that a reasonable fee may be chargeable for providing access to your personal data. We will give you a written estimate of the fee for your consent before providing access.
8. CONTACT PERSON
If you have questions, concerns or issues regarding this Notice, or the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer - Operations
1 Raffles Place #46-00,
One Raffles Place Tower 1,
We may use "cookies" to improve the customer experience associated with the use of our website/s. Cookies are small data files that are automatically stored in your web browsers that can be retrieved by our website. Cookies can make our website more useful by storing information about your preferences on particular websites, thus enabling us to provide more useful features and information to you. These cookies do not collect or store your name, address or any personal data. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may disable the cookies by changing the settings on your web browser.
10. THIRD PARTY SITES
Our website may contain links to third party sites whose personal data protection or privacy policies differ from ours. We are not responsible for the data or privacy protection practices for these sites, and encourage you to consult the personal data protection or privacy policies of those sites.
11. GOVERNING LAW
This Personal Data Protection Notice shall be governed by the laws of Singapore.
12. UPDATES TO NOTICE
We may update this Notice from time to time due to new or changing laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices, and the changes to our business environment. We will notify you of the changes to the Notice by placing a notice on the website.